Welcome to The Phoenix Law Firm (TPLF) bankruptcy law website. This firm will help you evaluate the pros and cons of bankruptcy, and determine whether bankruptcy is right for you. If bankruptcy is right for you, TPLF will advocate for you and help you maximize your options. TPLF wants to ensure that your rights are protected so that you are in the best possible position to regain your financial control and start fresh.
- Am I having serious financial problems?
Are my debts greater than my income?
- Do I have to choose which bills to pay each month?
- Do I owe more in medical bills and/or credit bills than I can pay each month?
- Do I avoid answering the phone because bill-collectors are harassing me?
- Am I worried or have I received notice that I may lose my home? My vehicle?
- Am I facing eviction for non-payment of rent?
- Do I owe back taxes, child support, or student loans that I cannot pay?
- Am I borrowing money from family/friends or considering taking on another job just to pay my living expenses?
- Are my wages being (or threatened to be) garnished due to debts?
- Could I get back on my feet if I could somehow make a plan to catch up on my mortgage/car/support payments?
GET THE FACTS ABOUT BANKRUPTCY
There are a lot of myths, prejudices, and misconceptions about filing for bankruptcy. Bankruptcy is not an admission of failure nor is it a “moral issue.” Filing for bankruptcy is not “easy” but you can get through the process especially with legal assistance. In most situations filing for bankruptcy is well-worth the expense and effort. Bankruptcy can allow you to wipe the slate clean or to restructure your debts in such a way that you regain control of your finances and free yourself from a substantial amount of debt.
Whether you should file bankruptcy is purely an economic decision. If you are eligible for Chapter 13 or Chapter 7 bankruptcy you are entitled, by law, to a fresh start. If you believe that bankruptcy may help you, do not hesitate to become more informed about this process.
If you do decide to file for bankruptcy, you will want to keep all of the assets which you are legally entitled to keep; you will want these assets to rebuild your life. Call for legal help before you pay another bill for what, under bankruptcy law, may be a dischargeable debt.
YOU CAN OPEN YOUR CASE FOR AS LITTLE AS $250 DOWN.
Materials on this Website are provided for informational purposes only and do not: (1) constitute legal advice, (2) do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Phoenix Law Firm or any of its attorneys or clients, and (3) are not guaranteed to be complete, correct or up-to-date. This Website is not intended to nor does it create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Phoenix Law Firm. You should not act on or rely on information on this Website without first seeking the advice of an attorney. If you are interested in having The Phoenix Law Firm represent you in a legal matter, the best way to initiate possible representation is to call 202.573.9499; you may also communicate by e-mail through the link
located in this “Contact Us
” section. The choice of an attorney is an important one and should not be solely based on an advertisement.
TPLF is a debt relief agency. TPLF helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.